After a while, users can change the car’s paint color to another color to create something new, but they still have to follow some procedures to avoid breaking the law.
According to Vietnamese law, users can change the paint color compared to the manufacturer’s original paint color if needed. Users can do it with many options such as repainting the entire thing or applying decals with a variety of colors.
But before making changes, users need to complete reporting procedures with competent authorities to avoid being punished. Therefore, when doing so, vehicle owners need to carry out procedures to change paint color at the local Traffic Police agency according to the following process.
Based on Clause 1, Article 16 of Circular 24/2023/TT-BCA stipulating that in case of changing paint color, users need to go through procedures to change vehicle registration (vehicle registration). Thus, the procedure to change the paint color of a motorbike or car is the procedure to change the vehicle registration certificate (car parrot). Accordingly, users need to prepare documents to change vehicle registration including:
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Documents of the vehicle owner as prescribed in Article 10 of Circular 24/2023/TT-BCA
- Vehicle registration certificate (vehicle registration certificate). (Clause 1, 2, 3 Article 17 Circular 24/2023/TT-BCA)
Procedure for changing vehicle registration certificate (vehicle registration)
Step 1: declare vehicle registration
- The vehicle owner logs into the public service portal and is responsible for fully declaring the contents specified in the vehicle registration declaration, digitally signing or signing, clearly stating full name, stamp (if it is an agency or organization). .
- After successful declaration, the vehicle owner receives an online vehicle registration application code and an appointment to process the application by the public service portal via phone message or email address to complete the registration procedure. vehicle, provide the vehicle registration application code to the vehicle registration agency to carry out vehicle registration procedures according to regulations. In case this cannot be done on the public service portal, the vehicle owner will declare the vehicle registration declaration directly. at the vehicle registration office.
Step 2: Submit application
- Go directly to the vehicle registration agency according to the appointment in Step 1 and submit the application and pay the fee.
- Note: In case of changing the vehicle’s paint color, the vehicle owner must bring the vehicle to the vehicle registration agency for inspection.
Step 3: Processing documents
- After checking the vehicle records to ensure they are valid, the vehicle registration agency will issue and replace the vehicle registration certificate according to regulations.
- The vehicle owner receives the vehicle registration results at the vehicle registration agency or from the public postal service.
According to regulations in Circular 229/2016/TT-BTC, the cost for the procedure to change vehicle paint color for motorbikes and cars is equivalent to the cost of re-issuing the vehicle registration certificate, which is 150,000 VND/time. After completing the above 3 steps, users can change the paint color according to the registered procedure.
However, if the paint color is changed without declaring it to the competent authority, based on Clause 2, Article 6, Clause 2, Article 18 of Circular 24/2023/TT-BCA, the vehicle owner may be fined as follows, specifically:
- For motorbikes and mopeds: Fine from 100,000 VND to 200,000 VND for individuals, from 200,000 VND to 400,000 VND for organizations that own motorbikes, mopeds and other motorbike-like vehicles I committed the act of arbitrarily changing the vehicle’s paint color inconsistent with the Vehicle Registration Certificate.
- For cars: Fines from 2,000,000 VND to 4,000,000 VND for individuals, from 4,000,000 VND to 8,000,000 VND for organizations that own cars, tractors, or specialized motorbikes and similar vehicles, cars that arbitrarily change the vehicle’s paint color to not match the paint color recorded in the Vehicle Registration Certificate.
In addition, the vehicle owner must also restore the paint color recorded in the Vehicle Registration Certificate according to regulations that are legally based on Clause 1, Point m, Clause 7, Article 30 of Decree 100/2019/ND-CP, as amended. by Decree 100/2019/ND-CP